- Public Works Department
- Garbage, Recycling, Yard Waste and Other
Garbage, Recycling, Yard Waste and Other
Please visit the Village's Citizen Request Tracker to report concerns and to view all online service request options.
Garbage is collected once a week (Monday-Thursday) at each residence. Please check the schedule below for holiday week schedules. To ensure pick up, all garbage must be placed outside of your garage by 7:00 am on your pick up day. Large items you wish to be collected that will not fit into your garbage container, must have a note on each item so staff will know to take those items.
If you have a garbage pick up that is larger than 1 cubic yard (3, 32 gallon containers) this requires a Special Pick Up. You must bring the completed Special Pick Up form (below) and the $150.00 fee to Village Hall before a special pick up will be scheduled.
- View the 2023 Garbage & Recycling Schedule (PDF)
- View the Garbage Collection Route Map (PDF)
- View the Garbage, Recyclable, Yard Waste, & Tree Removal fact sheet (PDF) for information about what we do and do not accept and where to dispose of miscellaneous waste.
- Garbage not picked up? Fill out the Missed Garbage or Recycling form or call the village hall at (414) 351-8900 X 6626.
Recyclables are collected once a week (Monday-Thursday) at each residence. Please check the pick up schedule below for holiday week schedules. To ensure pick up, all recyclables must be placed outside of your garage by 7:00 am on your pick up day (same day as garbage pick up). Recyclables are collected by Waste Management(WM).
It's important to know the facts about proper recycling. Please review WM's Recycling 101 fact sheet which explains basic rules, tips, and myths of recycling.
For missed Recycling pick up contact Waste Management via:
You will be given the option to state the following to get you to the correct service agent
- Zip Code
- Property Address
- Press 1 for Residential Service
When you are connected to one of the agents
- State you are a resident of the “Village of Fox Point in Wisconsin”
- The agent will then be able to pull all the information for the recycling services WM provides for the Village of Fox Point and assist you.
via chat at www.wm.com
1. In the chat state you are a resident of the “Village of Fox Point, WI”.
2, The agent will then be able to assist you via the information WM has for the Village.
1. Subject Line: “Village of Fox Point, WI – (insert subject of inquiry – i.e. Acceptable Recycling Material)
2. Include your name, address and phone number in your email.
Leaf & Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste is collected throughout the year. To be collected, yard waste should be placed by the roadside in a container that can be emptied or in sturdy, recyclable paper bags. Bags must be weigh less than 50 pounds.
Acceptable yard waste includes:
- Green plants
- Small branches and twigs
- We do not accept grass clippings.
Tree branches that are 6 inches in diameter or larger requires a special pick up.
Per Section 310 of Village Code, the DPW will not pick up diseased or dead ash or elm trees that are on/from private property. Please visit the Forestry site in the Public Works section for more information.
Fall Yard Waste
The months of October and November are considered loose leaf collection months, meaning that it is not necessary to bag your leaves or other yard waste. Leaf piles should be placed between the bottom of the ditch and off the edge of the asphalt pavement as well as away from sign posts, mailboxes, and fire hydrants.
Residents or contractors that have piles placed on the roadway may be subject to a $164 fine.
Disposing of Appliances, White Goods, Computers, & Other Electronics
Do you have old appliances and/or electronics no longer needed? You can dispose of these at a variety of companies within the area. The Village does not accept these items and cannot dispose of them for you. Please note there may be a recycling fee charged by the companies listed below to take some items.
Please see Garbage, Recyclable, Yard Waste and Tree Removal Guide for more information and locations to recycle or dispose of other items.
Appliances and White Goods
- Includes washers, dryers, refrigerators, dehumidifiers, etc.
- Contact 1-800-GOT-JUNK? or The Junkshuttle.
- Contact Refrigerant Depot at https://appliancerecycling.net/
Computers & Other Electronics
- Includes TV's, DVD players, microwaves, fax machines, printers, copiers, etc.
- Contact Recycle Technologies, Refrigerant Depot, or Best Buy.
- Contact Refrigerant Depot a https://appliancerecycling.net/
Household Hazardous Waste
Certain household hazardous waste items cannot be discarded with your weekly garbage and are not eligible for special pick ups. Hazardous waste can be taken to a Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) collection center where it will be appropriately disposed. Visit the MMSD Home Hazmat Collection website for locations and more information.
Household hazardous waste includes, but is not limited to:
- Transmission fluids
- Paints & paint thinners
- Drain cleaners & other chemicals
Prescription and over the counter medication can be dropped off at the Fox Point Police lobby Monday through Thursday 8:00am to 4:00pm and Friday 8:00am to 12:00pm. Needles and other Sharps are not accepted. Contact your pharmacy for disposal.