- DOT - I-43 Project
DOT - I-43 Project
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (DOT) WORK ON LAKE DRIVE AND I-43
Over the course of the next three to four years, residents of the Village of Fox Point will be experiencing a lot of construction being coordinated by the DOT in and around the Village. Two main projects will be constructed - (1) the reconstruction of I-43 from Bender Road in Glendale to Hwy. 60 in Grafton and (2) the resurfacing of Lake Drive in Fox Point. More information is included below and each project will be updated as the projects progress.
The work along I-43 includes widening the interstate from two lanes to three lanes in each direction. The project also includes widening Port Washington Road in Glendale from one lane to two lanes between Bender and just south of Green Tree Road. The attached project map depicts the location of the construction limits.
Other work included as part of the project includes the following:
- Replacement or reconstruction of the bridges along the route including the railroad bridge.
- Reconstruction of the Brown Deer Road interchange from a cloverleaf style interchange to a diverging diamond (refer to the attached figure for a schematic of the interchange).
- Construction of a full interchange at County Line Road.
- Construction of a new interchange at Highland Road.
- Construction of noise walls along portions of the project. Fox Point will see a noise wall constructed, at DOT’s cost, along the east side of the interstate within Village limits.
Work on the project is expected to start in late 2021 and be completed in 2024 (refer to the attached schedule).