- Public Works Department
Public Works Department
Please visit the Village's Citizen Request Tracker to report concerns and to view all online service request options.
Garbage is collected once a week (Monday-Thursday) at each residence. To ensure pick up, all garbage must be placed outside of your garage by 7 am on your pick up day. Please note-large items you wish to be collected that will not fit into your trash can, please place a note on each item so staff will know to take those items.
- View the 2023 Garbage & Recycling Schedule (PDF)
- View the Garbage Collection Route Map (PDF)
- View the Garbage, Recyclable, Yard Waste, & Tree Removal fact sheet (PDF) for information about what we do and do not accept and where to dispose of miscellaneous waste.
- Garbage not picked up? Fill out the Missed Garbage or Recycling form or call the village hall at (414) 351-8900 X 6626.
Recyclables are collected once a week (Monday-Thursday) at each residence. To ensure pick up, all recyclables must be placed outside of your garage by 7 am on your pick up day (same day as garbage pick up). Recyclables are collected by Waste Management.
It's important to know the facts about proper recycling. Check out Waste Management's Recycling Myths or WM's Recycling 101 fact sheet which explain basic rules and tips for recycling.
Recycling Not Picked Up
Fill out the above Missed Pick Up Form or contact Waste Management directly.
Contact Waste Management via:
You will be given the option to state the following to get you to the correct service agent
- Zip Code
- Property Address
- Press 1 for Residential Service
When you are connected to one of the agents
- State you are a resident of the “Village of Fox Point in Wisconsin”
- The agent will then be able to pull all the information for the recycling services WM provides for the Village of Fox Point and assist you.
via chat at www.wm.com
1. In the chat state you are a resident of the “Village of Fox Point, WI”.
2, The agent will then be able to assist you via the information WM has for the Village.
1. Subject Line: “Village of Fox Point, WI – (insert subject of inquiry – i.e. Acceptable Recycling Material)
2. Include your name, address and phone number in your email.
Leaf & Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste is collected throughout the year. To be collected, yard waste should be placed by the roadside in a container that can be emptied or in sturdy paper bags.
Acceptable yard waste includes:
- Green plants
- Small branches and twigs
- We do not accept grass clippings.
Fall Yard Waste
The months of October and November are considered loose leaf collection months, meaning that it is not necessary to bag your leaves. Simply put them at the roadside to be collected.
Leaf piles should be placed between the bottom of the ditch and the edge of the asphalt pavement away from sign posts, mailboxes, and fire hydrants.
Residents that have piles placed on the roadway, including by a contractor, may be subject to a $164 fine.
Disposing of Appliances, White Goods, Computers, & Other Electronics
Do you have old appliances and/or electronics no longer needed? You can dispose of these at a variety of companies within the area. The Village does not accept these items and cannot dispose of them for you. Please note there may be a recycling fee charged by the companies listed below to take some items.
Appliances and White Goods
- Includes washers, dryers, refrigerators, dehumidifiers, etc.
- Contact 1-800-GOT-JUNK? or The Junkshuttle.
- Contact Refrigerant Depot at https://appliancerecycling.net/
Computers & Other Electronics
- Includes TV's, DVD players, microwaves, fax machines, printers, copiers, etc.
- Contact Recycle Technologies, Refrigerant Depot, or Best Buy.
- Contact Refrigerant Depot a https://appliancerecycling.net/
Household Hazardous Waste
Certain household hazardous waste items cannot be discarded with your weekly garbage and are not eligible for special pick ups. You can drop your hazardous waste at a Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) collection center. Visit the MMSD Home Hazmat Collection website for more information.
Household hazardous waste includes, but is not limited to:
- Transmission fluids
- Paints & paint thinners
- Drain cleaners & other chemicals
Storm Water Information and Education
The Village of Fox Point is required to complete, submit and make available for public review the Annual Reports and Other Compliance Documents for Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System Permits. Hard copies are available for the public to review at the Village Hall and reference desk of the North Shore Library. Below is a link to the report.
MMSD Pipe Check Program
Do you get water in your basement? Do you find yourself cleaning your lateral out every year? MMSD can help!
Water in your basement can be caused by rain or groundwater, also known as clear water, overwhelming your sanitary lateral pipe causing sewage and water to back-up in your basement. Sources of clear water include connected downspouts and foundation drains, and defects in your sanitary lateral such as roots. All of these sources increase the likelihood of basement back-ups.
The Pipe Check program provides financial incentives to help homeowners eliminate these sources of clear water from your home at a reduced cost.
Please check our web site for more information on causes of back-ups, the Pipe Check Program and participation requirements for financial incentives: