Comprehensive Plan Information
The Village of Fox Point is currently in the process of updating the Comprehensive Plan. The Comprehensive Planning Process is an opportunity to engage residents in thinking critically about Fox Point’s future. The resultant effort is a collaboration between Village residents, Village Staff, elected officials, and the consultant team. The plan will bring about enhancements that benefit the entire community and ensure long-term viability.
Click HERE to get additional information and to stay up to date.
Thank you to everyone that participated in the first Fox Point Comprehensive Plan Public Workshop on January 16, 2020. You can find all meeting material below.
January 16, 2020 Workshop Material
- Public Workshop Presentation
- Survey Results
- Public Workshop Handout
- Public Workshop Boards
- Public Workshop Zoning Map
In addition to a statewide mandate requiring the adoption of Comprehensive Plans, a well-developed Comprehensive Plan is a tool for citizens and elected officials to guide the future growth of their community. As a guiding document, a Comprehensive Plan maintains the flexibility to respond to the changing needs of the community. A Comprehensive Plan, detailing the anticipated future of the Village, is perhaps the most important implementation tool for increasing the quality of life for everyone within the community.
What is a "Smart Growth" Plan?
The Village Comprehensive Plan was prepared in compliance with Wisconsin’s Comprehensive Planning Law, Wisconsin Statutes. §66.1001. This law is commonly known as the "Smart Growth" Legislation. The Smart Growth legislation provides a framework for developing comprehensive plans, procedures for adopting such plans, and requires that any program or action of a community that affects land use must be consistent with the community’s Comprehensive Plan. The Comprehensive Planning Legislation requires the planning process to detail 9 elements:
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Cultural Resources
- Economic Development
- Intergovernmental Cooperation
- Issues and Opportunities
- Land Use
- Utilities and Community Facilities
All land use decisions within the Village must be consistent with the goals, objectives and policies outlined in the adopted Comprehensive Plan. For more information regarding requirements of Wisconsin’s "Smart Growth" Legislation, please visit the Wisconsin Department of Administration.
Amending the Plan
The plan should be reviewed periodically and amended on an as-needed basis. Suggestions for amendments may be brought forward by Village staff, elected officials, or residents and should be consistent with the Plan vision.
- Comprehensive Plan Table of Contents (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 1 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 2 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 3 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 4 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 5 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 6 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 7 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 8 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 9 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 10 (PDF)
- Ordinance 2010-04 to Adopt a Comprehensive Plan for the Village of Fox Point (PDF)
- Resolution 2009-28 Resolution Establishing Public Participation Procedures (PDF)
- Resolution Plan 2010-01 Resolution to Recommend Adoption of a Comprehensive Plan (PDF)